Born in France, Sylvain began his artistic pursuits in visual arts at Bordeaux’s School of Fine-Arts. Influenced by Post-Modern dance artists, he turned to the world of contemporary dance. His first teachers were J.R Duroure and Mari Siles. He was accepted to study at P.A.R.T.S, school founded by Belgian choreographer Anne Theresa de Keersmaecker, where he danced the repertory of Trisha Brown, William Forsyth and Pina Bausch. He then moved to Paris to further his studies in contemporary dance and somatic education. Major artistic influences include, Katie Duck, Meg Stuart, Jose Cazeneuve, Peter Goss, Vera Mantero and Meredith Monk. He has studied Body Mind-Centering® and Feldenkrais, Qi Qong with Master Li Junfeng, and Continuum Movement with Emilie Conrad. In April 2014 he received a Master’s degree in Dance Therapy from CODARTS, Netherlands.
For the past 15 years Sylvain has been active as a performer, choreographer and teacher, working in a range of contemporary and experimental styles, collaborating with many different artists in Europe, Northern Europe and Asia. He danced with Choreographer Christiane Blaise, Felix Ruckert, Virginie Mirabeau, Company B.Valiente, Dylan Newcomb, Sjoerd Vreugdenhil, Pedro Goucha…In 2001, he joined the Amsterdam-based Magpie Music Dance Company, directed by Katie Duck. He has collaborated with Katie since then in various projects and tours internationally with music/dance improvisation performances. His solo work has been shown in France, Holland, South Korea, Czech republic, and China.
In Amsterdam, he initiated “Brain studies” a laboratory based upon Neuro Sciences and Shamanic studies, aiming for dancers and creators to experiment the field of dance improvisation and somatic awareness.
Sylvain was educated in Shamanism with Chief dancing Thunder, Continuum with Emilie Conrad, Qi Gong with Master Li Jung Feng, “The moving cycle” with Christine Caldwell, master in Dance Therapy, Reiki, Anatomy Trains, Feldenkrais, BMC©…
Along side his dance carrier, he was drawn to enter the inner realms of “the bodies” and to explore the creative and spiritual potential that lies within us. His work is largely inspired by Machaelle Small Wright and her work about Co-Creative partnership with nature.
Sylvain is a contemporary dancer, movement teacher, dance therapist and spiritual translator. Living in France and traveling the world, He strives to explore the landscape of co-creativity with the “original field of consciousness” inside our human experience, through embodiment, direct communication and direct knowledge bringing forth self-empowerment.
He now teaches workshops, classes, retreats and private sessions using a broad range of modalities such as dance rituals, Continuum Movement©, shamanic healing, channeling, co-creative partnership or dance therapy. Sylvain has worked with a variety of clients and groups on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
Dance therapist MA. Continuum Movement© teacher Continuum Movement practitioner "Moving cycle" practitioner Clinical experiences - Psychiatry -group psychotherapy - Adult and infant - Private practice Interests - Adults & babies attachment - Survivors of trauma - Resilience / embodiment - Communities
- Internships en arts therapies dans le service du DR. F. Granier, psychiatry, public hospital Casselardit, Toulouse (FR) . - Seoul psychiatric hospital (KR) with DMT Joung A Choi . - Private practice Amsterdam
Trainings for professional associations and therapists:
- Korean dance therapy association KDTA  - Dutch group therapy association with Monique Leferink op Reinink 
DMT workshops for adults:
- "Moving and being moved, a voyage through group process" with Monique Leferink op Reinink [2013, Amsterdam] - Workshop KDTA “Improvisational views for dance therapist” [2013, Seoul,Korea] - "DMT and archetypal creative process" [2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia] - DMT introduction [2014, Sulzfeld, Germany] - "Embodiment of self-love" series Amsterdam / Munich - "Shamanic dance" series [2014-
Dance therapy projects:
- "Barbapapa" for fathers and babies, "tout petit festival" Nantes, France [2013-2016]
Trainings in Dance Movement Therapy:
- Jeannette MacDonald - Penny Best - Judith Bunney - Suzi Tortora - Inge Oosterveld - Zvica Frank - Hilda Wengrover - Amber Gray [Working with survivor of trauma] - Céline Guimbrère [Authentic Movement]
- Practitioner level "Moving cycle" Christine Caldwell
Trainings in somatic:
- Continuum Movement: Emilie Conrad, Linda Rabin, Malcolm Groom, Don St John, Gael Rosehood, Suzanne Scurlock-Durana, Amber Gray, Marcella Bottero, Volker Moritz [2010- ] - Wellspring of Continuum: Robert Litman, Gael Rosehood  - Body Mind Centering: Vera Orlock [1998-2003] - Qi Gong (Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong) with Master Li Jun Feng [1998-2002] - Feldenkrais: José Cazeneuve [1998-2001] - Alexander Technique: Gilles Estran [1994-1996]
Others techniques and approaches:
- Shamanism: longterm training with Dancing Thunder [2010- 2017 ] Ahamkara  Kenneth Ray Stubbs 
- Sufi Dance: Sharokh Moshkin Ghalam 
- Anatomy Trains massage 
- Flower essences workshops: Vincent Belbeze (Sylfos essences) and Eve Aprill (Art'stella) 
- Incarnational spirituality: David Spangler